Sunday, October 4, 2009

Fiesta Days Carnival


The 24th of July is Spanish Fork's big hurrah and is called Fiesta Days. Wed night the carnival had a family night and all rides were a $1 so we thought Miriam would enjoy the carousel at least. We ended up babysitting Zayda so the 5 of us took off. It was pretty funny having the 2 girls and the different equipment. Riding over we discovered Miriam had a much bigger car seat than Zayda (Ryan calls it Miriam's throne - I so wished I had taken a picture of the 2 of them side by side in the car), but once there Zayda won the biggest stroller as we have only ever had a little umbrella stroller. ;) One other thing to note; I don't know if I've ever been to a carnival and rode the rides so this was a new adventure. We thought the big people would need tickets for the rides we took the kids on, but we didn't so we ended up on twice as many rides though we only felt good about letting them on 2. We went on a big slide, Jennifer took Miriam and Eric took Zayda. Then Eric and I took the girls on the Carousel. The rest of the rides they either couldn't go on because they were too short or we couldn't be with them and worried what would happen if they bailed. Other than being out too late for them it was pretty fun (though not sure if we will make it a tradition).
On the 24th after the parade Miriam ended up on more rides with her cousin William. William has always loved Miriam and he didn't want to go on the rides by himself or with his boring mom so they treated Miriam and they both seemed to have a good time. Because William was older and could offer a steadier presence Miriam got to try out the boat ride and train ride.

1 comments:

IzzieGuire said...

how fun!!! I'm glad Miriam got to enjoy a day out & had a partner! :)