Monday, June 7, 2010

Birthday Temple Excursion

Jones Family in front of our home temple on April 11, 2010.I feel strongly about having a picture of a temple in bedrooms but I realized with all our pictures we had very few to no pictures of the Provo temple. Miriam has gotten interested in the temple lately also, so I wanted to show her the temple. We've told her mommy and or daddy are going or are at the temple but I don't think she had any idea what we were referring to. i wanted her to see where we go. We went on my birthday for a nice Sunday activity after dropping my dad off at the bus stop. We sure love Grandma! It is always nice to have mom come visit and help out!What I didn't realize is that the fountains in front of the temple are a major missionary hangout on Sunday. I never did it when I was at the MTC but Jennifer said she did. Miriam loved seeing all the water. She loved putting her hand in the pool and walking around the fountain. She got filthy, oh well.Miriam for awhile (shes getting the difference now) when saw temple every time she saw a church. Though she has a different sound on the front of the word so it can be a little tricky understanding what she's talking about. I love love that she is identifying with the temple and getting excited to see it because it is one of my favorite places in all the world. Sometimes at dinner out of the blue she will point to our wedding picture and say excitedly, "temple!"In all the time I've spent going to the temple (particularly the last 6 years) I have never gone to the back of the temple. I didn't know there were benches and the depiction of the temple. Who knew? A sister companionship approached mom and I while we were back there to 'street contact' us. When we said yes we were members they asked if they could bear their testimony. It was a perfect addition to our excursion. When I mentioned I served a mission they wanted to know if I had any advice.
Aaron walked most of the way to the back and also enjoyed the excursion. He is getting so big, and will be waking any day now!

For my birthday we went to Joe Bandito because it had been too long since I had their scrumptious aloha enchilada, mmmm! The kids fell asleep on the way and slept the entire time we were at the restaurant, made for a much more peaceful eating experience.I was a lucky girl to have my parents come down for the weekend to celebrate with me. Mom made me a beautiful cake with flowers and strawberries (going with our strawberry obsession :) Thanks for all my presents and everything!

2 comments:

Amber Miskin said...

I'm glad you guys had such a great time and that you had a good birthday! Caleb and I talk about the temple a lot, he loves singing "I Love to See the Temple" and soon we'll get him to the Mesa one. It's an hour away which isn't too bad, but the last time he was there was last year!

Heather H. said...

i love the temple pix, they look so awesome!