Miriam! She is getting clearer than ever and says the funniest things these days. She still loves to wear pretty dresses to church. When we ask what day it is or mention that Sunday is the next day she'll say 'I wear pretty dress?' She still would wear her blue 'princess' dress every week if I would let her. It was quite a battle to get her to wear all her pretty Christmas dresses instead. It is most disconcerting the things that come out of her mouth that I know came from me. Such as are you listening?, I'm not talking about..., and yep that's right. There are numerous things she repeats to Aaron that I say to him often. She can be a stronger enforcer of him not having his pacifier except at night. Miriam also recently started exclaiming how much she loves such and such thing- it could be simple like marble works (toy) or proclaim her love for mommy. It is fun to watch how much enjoyment she gets out of life as she will say, "this is fun". She is pretty independent and I'm taking new boundary stands of staying out of closed doors. This is because there isn't much she can't get into and it seems they mostly delight in taking everything out of a particular place. When we went to the Dr for a prenatal check up we got to hear the tiny baby's heartbeat, but now Miriam thinks that her heart is in her stomach. The next time we went we asked if she could listen to her heart beat and they let her listen on the stethoscope. She was nervous about the midwife otherwise she had a funny look on her face and who knows what she actually heard. Occasionally she tells me that she has a baby in her tummy and not to squish it (which I say a lot).
The extended Jones family goes sledding (really tubing) at Soldier Hollow every winter this year we got together on Jan 15. First, we have a family meal, then spend a few hours sledding with the whole hill to ourselves. So I (Eric) took Miriam up there, and she did really well until we got to the top of the hill; then she got a little scared but she went down without needing too much encouragement. We went pretty fast and she got scared on the way down. She went back up the hill without a problem though. We got to the top, and she said "I want to walk down". I explained to her that we couldn't walk down-- that is against the rules. But Rusty & Nicole were ready to go down with their kids, so we did a big train going down. Some parts of the train went faster than other parts, so we started just flowing around each other-- I saw Miriam was starting to slide into the ropes connecting some tubes (which were at the same level as her neck). So I let go of my rope to her and she slid away from the ropes but away from the group. She was scared before that (because of the speed and the snow flying in the face), and it didn't get better with being separated. We took a break to see Mommy and give Aaron a try (he didn't like any part though). We went up one more time. She got really scared at the top this time. So I sat with her and we talked about being scared and being brave. Being brave isn't about not being scared, it is about doing something even though you are scared. I encouraged her telling her that she was brave and Daddy would be there to keep her safe-- I'd be right next to her. So she decided she was ready. She still got scared on that run but when we got to the bottom she said she was brave! and safe because Daddy was there.
November 2019
7 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment