On Friday February 25 we finally had our ultrasound at 22 almost 23 weeks at the hospital and it was an absolutely amazing experience.

First, off it seemed their equipment had a much better definition than what we had experienced previously. It was much easier to pick out body parts instead of just being able to tell where the bones were. Secondly, the technician was amazing she told us everything she was doing and pointing everything out, basically keeping a running dialog. Some of that may have been because she also had a student watching, but she was genuinely caring. Thirdly, it was so fun to see Miriam and Aaron get that there really was a baby.

Well apparently I have no intuition about the gender of my babies, though Miriam knew. When I first got pregnant I thought I'm so sick its got to be a girl like with Miriam, but as time went on I realized I have forgotten to some extent how I really felt with each of them. With Miriam I threw up a lot and was very sensitive to foods; with this one I felt nauseous all the time, but only really threw up apx 8 times. Then I had a vivid dream that it was a boy whose name was to be Caleb and since then I was leaning more that way- guess I was wrong. I'm so so excited to get out all the cute girl clothes, I wasn't looking forward to going through boy clothes again. Now Miriam talks about her sister all the time.

The other neat thing is they had a 3d imager though she was very wiggly and wouldn't put her arms down over her face so we could get a clear shot its still pretty cool. I think the 3d pictures look a little like a mummy. Aaron didn't pay attention the whole time but he would point up to the screen and then down at my tummy grunting repeatedly as if to say, "that baby is in there!" We were trying to explain to Miriam about the different parts and then we asked where her head was and she pulled up her shirt to point at her tummy. She is also about a week further developed putting the due date from June 27th to June 19th (there goes my hopes of a July baby!) I'm betting on about the 23rd. We are all excited to welcome our little Jewell to the family. The girl name I'm leaning toward that Eric isn't convinced about is Melody Jewell and as I was leaving I felt strongly that she is our precious jewel so I'm pretty sure whatever happens with first name that will be her middle (in honor of Eric's maternal grandmothers maiden name).
2 comments:
I just love the name Jewell! I actually would pretend play as a kid and that would be my name of choice! Congrats and love to you guys!
I love the name!
Post a Comment