I am so proud of Miriam. I have worked hard over the last year to give family home evenings on basic doctrine such that she would know what she was getting into and plant the seeds of testimony. She is a smart and the best big sister anyone could want. Her brother and sisters could look at no one better for a good example.
Newly baptized as we came back to change clothing. She was baptized with Jackson (pictured below). Jackson's mom played piano, while Grandma Nicie conducted the music; opening song of "When I am Baptized". Jackson's uncle gave the opening prayer, and an aunt gave the baptism talk. Jackson and his mom played a duet "I know my Redeemer Lives" for the musical number. I gave the talk on the Holy Ghost, then Miriam gave her testimony (mostly on her experience reading the Book of Mormon) followed by confirmations. Brother Spotten from the Bishopric concluded the meeting commenting on her desire to serve. Closing song was "Baptism", and her brother Aaron gave the closing prayer.
We were so excited for those who have came to support Miriam. Top left Eric's Uncle Norman, Aunt Carolyn and son Spencer, they made time before a wedding they were attending. Top right Jessica's Aunt Hazel, cousin Floree, sister Jennifer, brother Ryan, mom, dad, Aunt Maureen, Uncle Craig & Aunt Jamie, cousins Clint & Russell, and Uncle Bruce. Bottom left Miriam's school friend Natonya (we got to go to her baptism in the fall). Bottom right Eric's mom, nephew Daniel, brother Marshall, nephews McKay, Mason, Joseph, Max, Myles, and sister-in-law Melissa. Not pictured our ward mission leader Howard & Alli Chuntz, Eric's neighbors Megan and kids Stacy, Jonathan and Max (all similar to our kids ages), Nicole Mangum (Jessica's friend), and Krista (Eric's friend) besides primary president Michelle Fraser and counselor Amy Spotten.
Choose the Right Miriam!

1 comments:
Our stake handles baptisms by assigning each ward a turn throughout the year to be in charge. That meant that a different ward handled all the prayers and talks and musical numbers. I wish we could have had family give some talks or something. I think it makes it easier for the kids to pay attention when it's someone they know.
Those are cool cookies!
Post a Comment