Monday, July 27, 2009

What Sound Does 'Nessie Make?

We were at a relative's home in Blanding for a family reunion, when Miriam found a toy box of lego parts. We pulled out a couple of dinosaur heads; this dinosaur makes the sound "ROAR", and so on. Then we pulled out a critter that looked like the 'Loch Ness Monster' (I realize their attempt was probably a long neck like Apatasaurus (Brontosaurus) or Brachiosaurus, but it didn't really look like them). I said, I don't know what sound 'Nessie makes, do you? she replied, "yeah, yeah, BROAR!" There are those times I don't think she is understanding what we are saying, but she surprises us by showing us she knows exactly what we are saying!

3 comments:

IzzieGuire said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
IzzieGuire said...

Broar?! How cute!! I love that stage when they start to show so much comprehension! What a fun time for you & Eric.

Sandi said...

Yeah, Annalee surprises me all the time. I'm so used to talking to the wall and not getting a response, that it catches me off my guard.