Saturday, September 4, 2010

Loving the Outdoors!

Miriam has always loved playing outside and its better than ever this year now that she has a built in friend to play with. This picture was taken May 17 as Miriam is still sporting long sleeves on an outfit that I wore when I was that size. I believe my mom made the overalls in college for a children's clothing class. Luckily Aaron is more than happy to have sister push him around in the car which makes mom happy because then I can get stuff done inside!
Miriam isn't the only one who likes to ride bikes! Ever since Aaron got mobile ie cruising he is attracted to things that go and help him get from place to place like Miriam's bike on June 7. It seems to work best to play out front in the morning (with bike) and on the deck in the afternoon (with the car) its coolest at those times. Miriam is getting more independent in her bike riding too.
I put these flower pots on top of the table to keep Aaron from playing in the dirt. when all of a sudden one day I see this scene! I have no idea how he climbed up there (this is the first time I saw him up), but they love digging in the dirt. This is at the beginning of May and after several times of this play and coming filthy we decided to do things differently. Aaron looks so innocent doesn't he? (Who me get dirty? Never!)

We had daddy buy some sandbox sand to go in the table on June 10 and they loved it! Mommy liked it because they didn't get so dirty though now at the end of the summer all the sand has disappeared. I still don't know how Aaron climbs up on this table. I redistributed some bath toys to be sand toys (they weren't playing with them in the bath anyway). Next year we may need to get a sandbox.

1 comments:

Sandi said...

I love it that the sand disappeared. You'll either find it under the deck or in his diaper!