The Jones extended family have a tradition of going out to the Little Sahara sand dunes to camp in honor of Grandpa Jones' birthday on May 16. This was the first year we made it and the kids had a good time. Thank you Aunt Rene's family for putting it together! This was also the first camp out this year (making it Aaron's first camp and also the first time trying out our new truck!). It was a trifle cold that night as it was still the middle of May. We only stayed Friday night and went home Saturday after the big family dinner

Miriam had such a good time with her cousins Liz and Meggie (as she calls her). The girls were making houses and Miriam just followed along after them.
On Saturday Marshall and boys came to play for awhile. Aaron had a good time showing Max the ropes or sand as the case may be. Aaron did really well with everything.

Of course the main attraction was playing in the sand. Aaron did a really good job of digging with a shovel (see video below). Miriam loved digging as she kept saying.

Miriam didn't do so well at bedtime. We couldn't get her to sleep for anything so I took her to the truck intending to drive her to sleep because she was crying hysterically and I didn't want to keep everybody else up (the campgrounds were really crowded). As I started the truck I realized I didn't know my way around so I wasn't sure how I would get back so I just stayed, eventually she fell asleep. Unfortunately when I tried putting her in her sleeping bag she woke back up. I didn't think our double sleeping bag would hold all 4 of us but we proved by the end of the night that it did. The next afternoon we were all tired and took a nap.

All the grandkids wanted Grandpa to come help them dig some deeper holes with his shovel. So Marshall and Eric went to help and continue their conversation. We dug a pretty deep hole for them; Mason and Daniel had a great time sitting entirely within the hole.
1 comments:
Fun times!
Post a Comment