Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Aaron's First Foods

I almost forgot to post about Aaron starting out on solids! For months now he has eagerly eyeing all food around him and trying to get his hands on some. At Christmas I promised one more month and we would start giving him other food. True to my word on January 30 when we were in Delta (I like starting on Sat so we have more time to invest in the new food and Eric can be part of the process) we gave him rice cereal. I had reconstituted it with breast milk and Aaron loved it though I think he was wearing almost as much as got in him.

For the first food I go 2 weeks to see how they are adjusting only Aaron went 3 because we were not real consistent and he was being very distractable. From there he has had pears (that my mom canned), squash, sweet potatoes, oatmeal and he started on Sat the 20th peas. I about gave up on the oatmeal though he really didn't seem to like it and wouldn't/doesn't do more than a couple of spoonfuls. On the flip side Miriam hated peas and steadily refused them (now will have frozen but still not canned, though I can't blame her not my favorite either) Aaron seems to like the peas all right. For the most part he's pretty easy to feed easily opening his mouth other than looking around at everything. I just remember harder to easier paths; may be harder to feed than nurse but soon he will feed himself which will be easier than nursing.

0 comments: